The University of Melbourne’s research estimates that the cost of living for a student wishing to live within 6 kilometres of the Central Business District is on average within a range of $20,000 - $40,000 per annum.
In 2023, the JCH fees will be all inclusive, with:
- Furnished room with high speed internet
- Full MU Sport Membership (pool, gym, fitness and wellness programs)
- All Meals (including packed lunches and late meals upon request)
- Utilities including power, water, and washing facilities
- Access to an extensive academic tutorial program, sporting and social activities, mentoring and pastoral care.
At Janet Clarke Hall, residential fees are paid in three instalments, payable in February, May, and August. The receipt of a College scholarship or bursary will reduce total fees payable. Before financial assistance, the 2023 fees will be:
New Undergraduate student: $33,516 (39 weeks), including a one-off $620 enrolment fee on acceptance of a College place, Orientation Week, Melbourne University Sports Membership, Student Club Membership. Refundable deposit: $1,300.
New Graduate Student: $ 33,516 (44 weeks), including a one-off $620 enrolment fee on acceptance of a College place, Orientation, Melbourne University Sports Membership, Student Club Membership. Refundable deposit: $1,300.