To support the incoming cohort, and to allow for some financial certainty for those families considering their situation in light of COVID-19, we will not be increasing our fees for next year. Any increases in costs will be funded, for 2021, by drawing further upon College reserves.
The University of Melbourne’s research estimates that the cost of living for a student wishing to live within 6 kilometres of the Central Business District is on average within a range of $20,000 - $40,000 per annum.
In 2021, the JCH fees will be all inclusive, with:
- Furnished room with high speed internet
- Full MU Sport Membership (pool, gym, fitness and wellness programs)
- All Meals (including packed lunches and late meals upon request)
- Utilities including power, water, and washing facilities
- Access to an extensive academic tutorial program, sporting and social activities, mentoring and pastoral care.
At Janet Clarke Hall, residential fees are paid in three instalments, payable in February, May, and August. The receipt of a College scholarship or bursary will reduce total fees payable. Before financial assistance, the 2021 fees will remain at:
New Undergraduate student: $30,895 (36 weeks including a one-off $570 enrolment fee on acceptance of a College place, Orientation Week, Melbourne University Sports Membership, Student Club Membership). Refundable deposit: $750
New Graduate Student: $30,895 (44 weeks including a one-off $570 enrolment fee on acceptance of a College place, Orientation, Melbourne University Sports Membership, Student Club Membership). Refundable deposit: $750