Janet Clarke Hall
Janet Clarke Hall; Real friendship & real community.
With our outstanding social and academic support, Janet Clarke Hall is the college to help you capitalise on your success.
Our tight-knit academic community will help foster knowledge and skills that will stay with you for the rest of your life.
Full of history and charm, Janet Clarke Hall provides a relaxed and friendly college in which to stay during your studies
Undergraduate applications will close on Friday 6 January 2017
We're not currently taking Graduate Applications.
Please contact us if you need more information.
How to apply
You may only submit one application form for all of the residential colleges of Melbourne University
Applications for Janet Clarke Hall are performed online. To complete your application form, you need to:
- Fill out the application form online.
- Write a Statement of Application.
- Send a Referees Report to your referees.
- Advise us of your VTAC number or state assessment board number (eg VCAA number for Victorian students) if you do not have a VTAC number yet.
- Send in your application form with Statement of Application, four passport photographs, and the $75 application fee. Please note that applications cannot be processed until the fee has been received.
The college offers a range of scholarships on the basis of academic merit. Students new to the college are considered automatically for scholarships.
You do not need to wait for your exam results or to be offered a university place to submit your application, however once you do receive them, forward them immediately on to the college.
We usually have a small number of vacancies at the end of 1st semester. Please contact the college if you are interested.
What happens next?
You will receive acknowledgment from us confirming the receipt of your application, after which we will organise an interview with the Principal, Vice-Principal or Director of Studies. Interviews generally take place between August and November. If you are applying from overseas or interstate, your interview can be conducted via Skype or telephone if you wish.
Typically, your application will be held until University offers, after which time you may be offered a College place. In occasional circumstances, the College may be able to 'pre-offer' a place which is conditional upon accepting your University offer.
Please note that if you have not been successful in gaining a place at the University of Melbourne, RMIT University, or Monash Pharmacy, your application will be considered inactive by the College. You must let Janet Clarke Hall know if:
- you change your University preference
- you are deferring, or
- if any other situation arises which affects your application.
For further enquiries, please contact us.