Janet Clarke Hall
Janet Clarke Hall; Real friendship & real community.
With our outstanding social and academic support, Janet Clarke Hall is the college to help you capitalise on your success.
Our tight-knit academic community will help foster knowledge and skills that will stay with you for the rest of your life.
Full of history and charm, Janet Clarke Hall provides a relaxed and friendly college in which to stay during your studies
Alumni and Friends
If you are an alumna or alumnus of the College or a friend of any generation, and residing locally or overseas, we would love to hear from you. From time to time alumni let us know they are visiting, and we can usually organize a tour of the College for those who would like to look around and see the changes since their own days at JCH. Beyond this, the College has a small staff, but we are committed, within our confined resources, to keeping in touch with alumni through the following channels:
- Luce, the College magazine, produced annually
- Our Facebook page.
- Reunions, focusing on particular decades (the 'eighties, the 'fifties, etc). Here we need your help to put us back in contact with College friends who may have lost touch with JCH.
- Contact with the College via Records@jch.unimelb.edu.au, letting us know where you are and what you are up to.
- Special events, held in the College from time to time, to which all alumni and friends of the College are warmly invited - piano recitals, book launches, special (anniversary) dinners, etc.
If you keep in contact, we can keep you in touch.
The College does not have a development office as such, but is trying to build its philanthropic base for two purposes:
- To develop our scholarship base so that we can reward excellence in scholarship and community service, and so that we can admit students who wish to be here regardless of their financial means.
- To develop a building fund through which we can maintain and improve our building and improve its amenity for students.
Much of what we have is beautiful, but ageing and expensive to maintain. As a not-for-profit organisation, we depend to some extent upon the generosity of alumni and friends to help sustain the College and significant gifts throughout our history have lifted our capacity and our horizons (the Manifold wing including the Dining Hall, for example, was able to be built through a major philanthropic gift).
If you would like to give to Janet Clarke Hall, or wish to discuss our needs and objectives, we would love to hear from you.
Ms Shelley Roberts
Director of Development
Phone: +61 3 9349 7180
Janet Clarke Hall is a College and community born out of Anglican values, embracing people of varied faiths and beliefs. We welcome students of all faith traditions, and celebrate diversity among our student and alumni body. Students and alumni are welcome to join in services of worship, sharing in the life of the magnificent College Chapel, which is shared by Trinity and Janet Clarke Hall.